Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Aaarrrggghhh: I Can't Get Matthew Klein's Song Out Of My Head

Leaving the office after posting "Pray For FT Alphaville's Matthew Klein" I found myself humming Jingle Bells à la Klein:
Rolling down the curve
With my Eurodollar strips
Making tons of money
‘til the Fed hikes 50 bps!
...MORE
And again this morning.

I'm losin' it, man.

The last time this happened to me it was a William Shakespeare pastiche.
Of the Bard doing the Hokey Pokey.

So as one of the greats, "The Bruce Dickinson" says:
"Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
Via A Way With Words:

and Carnegie Mellon University:
O proud left foot, that ventures quick within
Then soon upon a backward journey lithe.
Anon, once more the gesture, then begin:
Command sinistral pedestal to writhe.
Commence thou then the fervid Hokey-Poke,
A mad gyration, hips in wanton swirl.
To spin! A wilde release from Heavens yoke.
Blessed dervish! Surely canst go, girl.
The Hoke, the poke -- banish now thy doubt
Verily, I say, 'tis what it's all about.
-- by William Shakespeare
(or possibly Jeff Brechlin, Potomac Falls, via my wife, the world's sexiest former librarian).
The inventor of the hokey-pokey died. That's going to be one long burial ceremony.
-- Stephen Colbert
The Hokey Pokey 
You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
You put your right hand in,
And you shake it all about,
You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.

2) left hand
3) right foot
4) left foot
5) head
6) butt
7) whole self

 Scholars Doubt Authenticity of New Shakespeare Portrait


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--mvlrJweC9g/TxYEudYCcqI/AAAAAAAAAFE/7_28FF-30r4/s760/shakespeare_glasses.jpg